Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Raveonettes Got it Covered

  The other day while digging up the media to fill out the Whip-poor-will post I came across the Raveonettes version of Hank Williams 'I'm So Lonesome I could Cry'.  Their effort was definitely blogworthy. Although when I clicked on the youtube video to preview the song, I found in the right-hand column a couple of other intriguing tunes that the Danish band had covered.  So I pulled their version of the Williams classic from the whip-poor-will post so that it could lead off this post of Raveonettes covers.  The whole dilemma reminded me of an always  compelling, fascinating, educational, recurring theme that Chicago Sun-Tmes columnist Sydney Harris used to use periodically called "Things I Learned En route to Looking Up Other Things".


I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (Hank Williams)

The End (Doors)

I Wanna Be Adored (Stone Roses)



2 comments:

  1. Hard to Believe its 14 years since I bought Whip it on.These are three great tracks,Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I can't get that Stone Roses cover out of my head.

    ReplyDelete