Thursday, July 23, 2015

I Like American Music Pt. 22 of 50 - Massachusetts Pt 1

 Massachusetts a hotbed of higher learning is also an epicenter of innovative  music.  I've heard Missions of Burma described as the following ' Imagine if the Stooges not only knew more than three chords but actually knew all the chords'.
Missions of Burma - That's When I Reach for my Revolver

  I remember hearing the following song by the Del Fuegos on the the CBC Radio 2 show 'Brave New Waves back in the mid-80's. From their 1984 album The Longest Day.

Del Fuegos - I Think I Should Be the One

   Lastly Morphine's Mark Sandman writes,on their 1996 song "French Fries with Pepper" from the album 'Like Swimming',  about where he was at in life on the numerically significant dates of 6/6/66, 7/7/77 and 8/8/88 with hopes of sitting on the back porch drinking red wine on 9/9/99.  Unfortunately he didn't make it.  Sandman died instantly from a massive heart attack on stage in Palestrina, Italy on 7/3/99.

Morphine - French Fries With Pepper

  In honor of Mark Sandman to this day I always pepper my fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment