Monday, July 13, 2015

I Like American Music pt 12 of 50 - Everyone's Public Idaho

  I tell you, I didn't expect to find three appropriate songs to do a post on Idaho.  Here are Boise's Paul Revere and the Raiders version of a 1966 anti-drug message originally written for and turned down by Eric Burdon and the Animals.
Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks

  Next the Treepeople also from Boise featuring Doug Martsch on guitar cover the Smtihs

Treepeople - Bigmouth Strikes Again

  Doug Martsch went on to form Built to Spill in 1992.  They are still recording and touring to this day.
Built to Spill - Wouldn't Hurt a Fly

2 comments:

  1. Nice choices.You were starting to get a bit"Shoegazey" I wondered where my dance moves came from and after seeing the Paul Revere clip,now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there such a thing as too shoegazey?

    ReplyDelete