Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Loons Sound a Little More Mournful Today

    
  Gord Downie 1964-2017


This afternoon while driving around town, The Verge Channel 173 on XM satellite radio was playing a full concert by the Tragically Hip.  Tonight as I drove to work I was momentarily pleased that yet another Hip song was airing on the aforementioned station. After a few seconds I realized that it was a memorial to the band's front man Gord Downie who two years ago was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. He passed away late Tuesday at the age of 53.

 Wheat Kings

  I don't know how many times this next song has been stuck in my head while doing my rounds on midnight shift.
My Music at Work



  This last song is probably the first Tragically Hip song that I heard on 89X back it the day.
Locked in the Trunk of a Car

No comments:

Post a Comment